Covid protocols and timely updates
Covid 19 updates as they happen
June 11 , 2022
The Province has announced that effective June 11, 2022, the remaining mandatory mask requirements will be removed for most settings, with the exception of health care settings, long-term care homes and congregate care settings. This is accompanied by the removal of all other regulatory requirements for business.
Can private business owners still have masking requirements in place?
While mask mandates are public policy decisions, made by provincial and municipal governments; private businesses have the discretion to establish their own policies. If a business wants to continue to enforce mandatory masking that is up to the business owner.
What does this mean for our spa and salon?
Our top priority has been the continued safety of our staff and clients. As a small business, we have decided that we will be asking the all staff and visitors to the spa and salon to wear a mask within the premises. This request will be re-evaluated on a monthly basis until further notice. There will no longer be a proof of vaccination requirement for services. We thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you at the spa and salon.
Health & Safety Protocols
Here is what you need to know when you visit us:
Masks are optional for all guests entering the spa.
When booking an appointment you will receive a confirmation email that contains a COVID-19 screening protocol. Please reply to that email or upon arrival, we have a QR code for you to answer the COVID-19 screening questions.
- Please be advised as of March 21, 2022 we no longer require proof of full vaccination.
- When entering you will be asked to use our sanitizing station to sanitize your hands and any items you bring in.
- Please only bring in minimal items. ie. phone, wallet and keys. Extra clothing like a sweater or coat must remain with you and preferably on you. Do not bring anything that cannot be sanitized.
- We are unable to accommodate extra people to accompany you inside (children, spouse etc.).
- As masks are required for services, food and beverages cannot be consumed within the spa and salon.
- We accept cash, debit, Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay and Stripe.
- Stations are fully sanitized between guests so we ask that you please be on time for your appointment.
- We closely monitor health and safety guidelines and adjust our procedures to meet and exceed the standards.
- We will not be accepting walk-ins at this time.
Providing a clean and safe environment for you and our staff is our #1 priority. Our staff diligently follows strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols regulated by the Department of Health. We have now adopted extra safety precautions and place an even greater emphasis on deep cleaning. Each public area has an exhaust fan running at all times taking air directly out of the building. In addition, the ventilation system runs 24/7, continually bringing fresh air into our space. We have also added True HEPA air purifiers to all common areas of the spa. The air purifiers are not mandated, but we feel that given the airborne nature of the virus they provide an extra layer of safety. We remain committed to continually evaluating what must be done to meet the needs of our customers and adhere to (and exceed) guidelines set out by our government and local health regulations.
The following safety precautions are in place to protect the health and well-being of you and our staff:
- Our staff have taken a refresher course on Salon/Spa Infection Control and earned certificates for doing so
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly before and after contact with every client.
- Our salon uses an EPA-registered disinfectant, PREempt, on tools, containers, and all surfaces that you may come in contact with during your visit.
- A new set of gloves is used for every client and at times must also be changed during the service.
- Acrylic partitions for reception and manicure tables.
We ask that you please stay home if you’re feeling unwell, and we have asked the same of our staff. We will happily reschedule your appointment as soon as you are feeling better. We are working hard to keep you and the spa/salon community safe, and we know we can count on you too. Together we will maintain a healthy environment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask at the front desk. We are thrilled to be providing all of our services again and we thank you for supporting our local, small business.